The Kronendal Aftercare and Holiday Club is run by Joanne Frost and provides an all inclusive, safe, and caring environment for your children.
The children receive a healthy and nutritious lunch and snack every day. Homework is supervised by Kronendal Teacher Assistants.
Playtime is packed with fun things to do and children are cared for at all times in a controlled, structured and loving environment.
Friday’s are our fun days. Children can watch a DVD and are served a treat after lunch such as ice cream in a cone.
Important to note: All staff update their First Aid qualifications annually and certificates are on display. We offer a Holiday Club throughout the school holidays. Details to be advised prior to each holiday. Additional fees are charged for this service.
- Monday – Friday 13h15 to 18h00
- Collection is strictly no later than 18h00. If a parent is running late they need to call Joanne to let her know. Aftercare will wait with the child but repeat offenders will be fined.
Regular pupils (payable in advance)
Regular fees have been calculated at a reduced rate. To benefit from the reduced rate structure, regular fees must be paid in advance, failing which, fees will be calculated at the casual rate for the months not paid in advance.
Parents may choose either 1 of the following 4 payment options (calculated on 12 months):
Option 1: an annual once off payment of R13,300.00 (payable on or before the first day of school in January & includes 10% discount)
Option 2: 12 equal monthly installments of R1,230. per month (Siblings get 10% discount (IE R1,110.00 per month) payable in advance
Option 3: 12 equal monthly installments of R1,605.00 per month which INCLUDES Holiday Club & Aftercare for the whole year. Total of 45 school holiday days@ R100 per day + 197 school days @ R75 per day
Option 4: Daily charge which is invoiced at the end of the month
Casual pupils (payable at the end of the month)
Ask at time of application
Latecomers are given a 15 minute grace period at the end of the school day, thereafter your child will be brought to Aftercare for safekeeping and charges incurred. You will be invoiced for this time at the end of the month.
Should your child not attend extra murals they will be brought to Aftercare to wait for their collection. You will NOT receive a telephone call and reason for non-attendance will be noted in their message folders.
R70.00 per hour (or part thereof) (NOT incl lunch). Lunch will be charged out at R40.00 per child.
We will encourage the child(ren) to do their homework in this time.
13h15 Grade 1 & 2 children arrive and register taken. Children who have sports to attend, get dressed and are accompanied to their respective activity. Children who stay behind will eat a nutritious lunch and do homework with Educator/s on duty.
14h15 Grade 3 children arrive, eat lunch or change for sports. Children then return from their respective extra-murals and eat lunch. Homework studies continue with the children after their sports.
14h30 Grade 4 to 7 children arrive, eat lunch, do homework and/or attend sports.
16h00 Snack is provided. Children are encouraged to have quiet time now by way of a DVD if weather is bad or on a Friday.
16h30 FREE TIME to play outside and wait to be collected. Always supervised.
R100 PER DAY (bring own lunch and snack)
• The Holiday Club will be open from 08h00 – 15h00 during all school holidays
• Should there be enough demand (ie 3 or more kids) we will stay open until 6pm.
• The Holiday Club is open to children of all ages, from any school.
• Holiday Club fees are separate and in addition to Kronendal Aftercare fees
• There is no refund for non-attendance as food and materials will have already been bought.
• Kronendal Aftercare & Holiday Club requires full payment upfront for all children.
• There are days when we take the children for a walk out of school grounds and by signing the
indemnity you confirm that you are aware of this and happy for us to do so. Every precaution is taken
and children are not allowed to run wild.
• Children may bring toys, bicycles, balls etc…. but please nothing electronic
• During Summer months children must bring swimming kit every day including hat, swimming cap &
sunscreen and a change of clothes
• ALL fees are due in advance to secure your place
08h00 We open
08h00 – 10h00 Free play and/or DVD whilst everyone arrives
10h00 – 12h00 Nature walk / Swim at school pool
12h00 – 13h00 Indoor activity (alternating baking / art)
13h00 Half day departure
13h00 – 13h30 Lunch
13h30 – 14h00 Story time
14h00 – 14h30 Free play
14h30 – 15h00 Snack
15h00 CLOSING TIME
Please make payment to the following account (placing your child’s full name as reference)
Bank: Standard Bank
Name: KPS Aftercare
Account no: 202 113 213
Branch code: 02 53 09
Joanne encourages the children to live a healthy lifestyle at school and at home and to always take the environment into consideration. Meals vary and starches are kept to a minimum.
Some children might resist the healthy option if they are not accustomed to it but Joanne firmly believes she can convince them otherwise and they can hopefully take what they learn home.
Mid-afternoon snacks will differ from homemade muffins and crudités to sandwiches. There will always be fresh fruit available for the children to help themselves.
Joanne shops at Epping Market every week for the freshest fruit and vegetables coming straight from local farms. Where possible Aftercare uses school grown vegetables and promotes recycling, and energy and water-saving.
Meals may include:
- Potato wedges
- Bran and raisin muffins
- Chicken a la King & brown rice
- Pumpkin or sweetcorn fritters
- Beef stew with rice
- Mash with ham & cheese
- Home made soup
- Homemade breads & rolls
- Toasted cheese sandwiches
- Fruit is served with most snacks
- Fruit juice & water are served freely throughout the day.
Joanne takes a hard line when it comes to respect, manners and bullying. “I believe in removing the child from the difficult situation and quietly talking to them on their own about the particular issue at hand,” says Joanne. “I believe the situation should be broken down for them so they can understand what their behaviour did to hurt or anger the other child. I do not believe in taking sides. After all, there are always two sides to every story.”
- Parents will have to tell Joanne when their child has a play date or will not be coming to Aftercare that day for whatever reason and I will adjust the register accordingly.
- A strict register is kept with children coming or going being signed in and out and their times.
- The top gate is never to be left open – not even for 2 minutes. Parents must please make sure the gate is securely shut behind them.
- Children’s clothes and school bags to be clearly marked. Children will be encouraged to keep their things together and be responsible for their belongings.
- No electronic devises will be allowed – except at Holiday Clubs when children can bring their favourite toys.
- Children will be asked to remember their costume, towel and swimming caps in the summer months – and all swimming will be monitored by an adult at all times.
- Parents must please let Aftercare know what extra mural activities their child will be attending. The children will be escorted to the various activities.
- Medication – children will not be given medication without the parent’s written consent.
Cell: 076 4022333
Tel: 021 790 0186
Fancy Gallery Error:
No gallery with the ID after-care was found or you have not created albums for it yet.